A Blessing from God

A Blessing from God
Our Beautiful Megyn Faith

Thursday, June 17, 2010

SOCKS ...

When we had the cast put on they told us that the cast would probably rub a spot on the back of her legs. They told us to put alcohol on it. I DID THAT and BABY WAS NOT HAPPY :(

So ... I cut the tops of socks off and put them on her legs. She looks like she is wearing leggings but hey she has no sores on the backs of her legs.

IF YOU HAVE A BABY WITH CAST THIS IS A GREAT IDEA AND DO NOT, I MEAN DO NOT PUT THE ALCOHOL ON THEIR LEGS! I don't know what I was thinking listening ... I know that had to hurt her and it hurts me that I did that. CAN WE SAY ANOTHER LESSON LEARNED?


MEGYN AND HER SOCKS ... silly looking I know but it helps her! I will come up with something better soon.


4 comments:

  1. The socks picture link seems to be broken, I wanted to see her socks! Looks like you all have an interesting journey ahead, but I know you can handle it. Love, Aunt Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should be there now. Let me know ... I had to re-post the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter was born with bilateral clubbed feet, when we where going threw the casting stage, her doctor gave me "molskin" (not sure spellings correct) for the top edges of her casts. It's sticky on one side and really soft on the other. It was wonderful cause I didn't have to worry about it moving when she did, or having to readjust it all the time. When she got a new set of casts she got new molskin. Hope this is helpful for others.
    Best wishes, Tabatha E.

    ReplyDelete